Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Different Way

"It so happened that after Pharaoh released the people, God didn't lead them by the road through the land of the Philistines, which was the shortest route, for God thought, 'If the people encounter war, they'll change their minds and go back to Egypt.'" (Exodus 13:17, MSG)

God is so kind. I mean really, He is ALWAYS looking out for His children and trying to do best for them. But how often do we want to go the shortest route? We are constantly telling God, "Look, I know you know best and all BUT it would seem to me that it would really make the most sense to do it this way." AS IF He needs our finite knowledge to make the best decision. His goal is to get us OUT of slavery and INTO the promised land that He has for us. We need to embrace the journey because it is in the small things along the way that we are molded and shaped into vessels for Him. Day after day I am guilty of second guessing the goodness of God (aren't we so glad that He never grows tired of us or of giving us another chance?). Just yesterday I had to realign myself with the goodness of God to remember that His ways are perfect, and honestly, I have to everyday. It's not a one time ordeal. I want to live from heaven to earth, but the fact of the matter is that I'm surrounded by earth and I have to CHOOSE to align myself with Christ and His purposes for the earth. So here's to this rainy morning, remembering that His ways are perfect, His nature is good, and His kindness is incomprehensible.

1 comment:

  1. one of my absolute favorite verses! The Spirit is always using it to remind me that His way may be longer, but its better. :)

    ReplyDelete